Re: A86: CUSTOM menu

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: CUSTOM menu

>  wow can u send the source to change the names?

I was working on a program that copied, renamed, etc. variables, but I
figured it would be extremely difficult to list them all and to know all of
their formats, but I'm probably going to make it use strings and not take
input, and just have a BASIC program take input or something...  Anyway,
there is no source to change names, you use Alan Bailey's memview in
conjunction with Randy Gluvna's MemEdit86.  In memview, hit alpha to make it
show the letters and then switch to RAM page 7 and go to $C000, and scroll
back (descending RAM addresses) until you see the name of the program (or
list, etc) that you want to change, written backwards.  Remember the RAM
location and go to the same location (remember to switch the RAM page) in
MemEdit86.  Then just find the letters you want to change and change them (I
don't know what happens if you change the number of letters...)

~Steve