Re: A86: universal calc issues

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: universal calc issues

<< > "Math teachers think that they are teaching useful, important math
skills
 > by
 > teaching students the quadratic equasion and making them solve it 50
 > gazillion times, thinking it is a complex formula that will teach kids how
 > think. Obviously, they haven't tried assembly programming."

 yeah i hate those damn teachers they keep on making u do all these
 stupid equations tellin u that u will probably need them in rl and then
 u never need them cuz ur calc kix ass and it does it for you and u dont
 need to worry about it. as for the asm i think their minds are too small
 to understand it :) >>

My teacher says that it doesn't MATTER if you can't use it, it's supposed to
help you think. Now if learning ASM doesn't help you think, I don't know WHAT
does. I mean, I have made abbout 50 different version of a Quadratic Equasion
Solver so far, and have been contemplating how to make one in ASM (that also
finds the vertex, line of symmetry, etc.). So rather than do that formula the
50-bazillionth time, which I have memorized (negative be plus or minus the
square root of b squared minus for times a times c all over two a), why can't
we learn something useful?

I think I just thought of the answer to my own question. My math teacher
can't add x to 2x. I'm not joking. Never mind getting him to understand the a
and hl registers... :P

KUPO