Re: A86: TI's demo program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TI's demo program

> << Also, I doubt that many people would go out and buy a $120 calc just to
> play
>  games.  They can do that just as well on an 82/83/85...
>
>  ~Steve >>
>
> I wouldn't say that. I got an 85 because it had a bigger screen and
> therefore, I could make better games on it (I got a calc after I realized
> that I could program games on it). I have already told several friends that
> the 86, even though it costs more, is better with all the memory, and they
> seem to take it. Seriously, this is a real thing.

i agree that the 86 is worth the $120, but if you're too cheap to pay it,
here's how i bought mine for $80: i found a SunTV store with a mispriced
ad, they had the 86 marked for $80, and the 85 marked for $120. They're
still allowing you to get the 86 for that price, but they won't order any
more in because of that. the good news is that several other stores have a
price-matching policy. i took the misprinted ad into walmart, and they
handed me an 86 for $80.

this probably doesn't help anyone who doesn't have the misprinted ad, but
if you can find one (it came from the SunTV in Cranberry Mall, Cranberry
Twp, PA 16066. you might be able to call for it, or find one in a
library or something), casually place the misprinted paper inside a local
suntv ad, and take it to walmart or some other place