RE: A86: Capture key-press

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: Capture key-press

At 18:24 1997-11-20 +0100, you wrote:
>Somebody wrote some time ago on this list that when deleting stuff on the
calc, it isn't actually wiped out, just the VAT entry is removed. Would it
be possible to store the VAT in a safe memory area. Then after the
clear-calc crew has done their beloved work, write a short, memorized
ASM-prog to write the VAT back into place.
>Shouldn't all the formulas for the exam then still be there? Just an idea.

That probably depends on HOW you reset the calc. For example, reseting the
mem might just wipe out the VAT, but if you for instance clear each
variable through the delete menu, the variables are shifted and thus the
variable data gets cleared as well (unless you delete them backwards).

Also, not only the VAT would need to be stored. There a lots of pointers in
the RAM pointing to the beginning and the end of the VAT (at least on the 85).
>The idea below is probably the best anyway, but is it possible to do? Does
anyone know the address of the current menu? Would the TSR slow down the
calc too much? I'm sure there are others on this list whos xmaas exams are
getting close. Anyone who wants to cooperate on this idea is welcome,
especially if they have 8x interrupt experience.

TSR doesn't slow down the calc at all, unless you write stupid code that is.

--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
IRC......: Yarin