No Subject

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

 	I wrote and asked for some help a few weeks ago for linking help.
I had explained that I had built the pararell link and used cal. The odd
thing was that I could write programs on the TI and transmit them to the 386.
I couldn't transmit all the programs from TI calc's archives. The thing
was frustrating because the link worked but all the advice I got was for
diddling with the link. So it boiled down to a character by character
comparison between a program I wrote on the TI and a small program from
the archives. I did this with a 386 running dos 6 and a 286 running
dos 5 sitting right next to each other. I had been copyiny the archive file
character by character using ascii code in edit, when I noticed that the
right arrow symbol 10 was represented by ^z on the 386. That is NOT the
representation when a TI file is viewed through edit. The right arrow
symbol from the 286 matched the symbol on the archive file. Bingo! The
light went off and I transfered everything to the 286 and it transmits
like a champ. SO... the question is.... are those control characters
represented in different ways or... is the 386 (GASP!) too fast for the TI?