A86: Re: 86 link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: 86 link

-----Original Message-----
From: MrManson <joemama@minot.com>
To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org <assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Monday, November 03, 1997 8:37 PM
Subject: A86: 86 link

>ok i know this isnt the link list but im desperate and dont want to
>subscribe just to unsubscribe after i get an answer.
>
>has anyone gotten cal to work with the 86? when i use it the cursor
>stops blinking so i know it is at least contacting the calc, but im not
>sure if something is wrong with the link i just made, can someone tell
>me what i am (or the program is) doing wrong?

I have constructed the parallel link and used cal with the 86 without any
problems. However when i first built it I had the same problem, but some of
my wires were touching the rim of the printerport so i resoldered them and
soldered the ground wire across leads 18-25 (instead of just to lead 22) and
it works fine now. This leads me to conclude that the slow-down in the
cursor blink rate
(it hasn't stopped but is really blinking _really slowly_) is due to a short
in the system somewhere.

I used type 1n4148 diodes and normal wire from radio shack.

Also the version of cal (0.91b or something like that) i use doesn't support
the backup function (it will detect it as an ti-86 backup, but the data
never appears in the filelist after being recieved) Everything else works.