Re: A86: ASM Converter from 85->86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, David Piper wrote:

> Can someone create a program that will take most 85 asm files and
> convert them to 86 asm files?
>
> I know that it would be hard to make it work for everything, but just
> one for most of them,  so we don't have to rewrite all the asm files.
>
> For example it would search for
>
> ROM_CALL_(CLEARLCD) and replace it with CALL_(_clrLCD)

Several programs of this type have already been written--Edit, Notepad,
SimpleText, Emacs, et. al.  They all make use of the same revolutionary
piece of technology called global search and replace.

Are there any unix fans out there whose just screamed "awk" involuntarily?

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)

Follow-Ups: References: