Re: A86: Re: Great... An 86 Emulator and no decent ROM dump program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 05:45 PM 12/21/97 EST, you wrote:

>Could you (Joshua) please make that program (the one that only works on COM2
>with a serial) available for download.  I have that exact setup and I'm sure
>some others might or would at least be able to jockey some cables around long
>enough to use it.      Thanx

Actually, it was REALLY easy (I just finished it). So here it is. I've
tested it on COM1 and COM2 on my computer. I don't have a parallel link, so
if it doesn't work with the parallel links, please let me know. You have to
tell it what port to use - syntax is like this:

rom s2 for serial (com) port 2
rom p1 for parallel port 1
etc...

It's just a simple program, so the 's' or 'p' has to be lower case, and it
doesn't check if the port actually exists. I've set it up to look sort of
like RomDump86. The complete rom dump takes about 10 minutes, so you might
want to test it on single pages first. If you press a key on the computer
while it's receiving, it will exit the program. This is just so you can
abort the thing if you want to.

If you have any problems, let me know...

--Joshua

ROM.COM