Re: A86: OP1 - What is it?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: OP1 - What is it?

Joshua Szmajda wrote:

> please pardon the following ignorance:
>
> I keep seing references to this mystical thing called OP1.  It apparently is
> a data storage location, memory pointer, wierd function caller, as well as
> many other odd and seemingly loosley related things.  Would someone PLEASE
> fill me in on what it is, how to use it, etc.. for I get the feeling it's
> pretty important.

OP1-OP6 are little storage areas for items that are bigger than what the
registers can handle, for example they point to variables, store
floating numbers, etc. each of the OPs are 11 bytes long. you have to
use calls to use the OPs. most of the routines are weird and seem
difficult, but thats the only way you can do some stuff on the calc