Re: A86: Another New Guy

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Another New Guy

> 1. Is there a conditional load statement? Something that would be like
>
>  jp z,a,1

hmm wow wonder where u got that one from :) you can use a routine that
is easier to follow and is a little smaller (no need for another jump)

jp nz,wherever ;jump wherever if the condition is false
ld a,1
now add a jump to a diff label or something else here

> ? If not, is there a way to do that so that I don't have to do an entire
> new routine like this:
>
> A1:
>  ld a,1
>  ret
>
> to do that? For example, my program states:
>
> F_key_get:
>  call GET_KEY
>  cp KF1
>  jp z,A1
>  ret z
>  cp KF2
>  jp z,A2
>  ret z
>  jp nz, F_key_get

(you dont need the z on ret z)

> (I think you can guess what A2 does). Is there a more effecient way to
> do this? Does anyone have a routine that returns the BASIC-standard
> numbers?

yeah if you make a table, that confuses me more than doing single keys
tho and still would end up about the same size so you probably should
just keep the routine you have now

> 2. How do I display variables? Can I just call _vputs and do .db a? Or
> do I have to do something like "ld (DisplayVal),a   .db DisplayVal"? Am

you have to use the OPs to load a variable and then use another call to
display it. look in the inc file for loading them and check out zreduce
for displaying