A86: TI-Ether

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: TI-Ether

I think that we will call it 'TI-Ether'.

There will be a release of firmware notes to software devolpers soon, so
e-mail me to get on the list.

Your asking your self, now why wouldn't he release the notes yet?  Well, I
don't want to release it untill its perfect.  I will release it (hardware)
and the software controlls are ready for people.

>Specs:
>Microporcessor controlled
>-10Base-T/2
>-100Base-TX/FL (j/k) hehehe
>-Calc Protocall
>-Soon maybe TCP/IP stack on DCHP server
>-Soon maybe EtherTalk
>-compatibility to use an Expander/Extender for storage

It will be ran at 23k per sec burst (200k is ethernet's limit, see below).
I suggest that people interested in calc networks devolp software for this
one.  I will be selling them to schools, and hobbyiest people, with all the
software.  Depending of if you write software, you will get moeny per sale.

Hobbiest people:
There will be a release of a kit that includes all of the SMT (Surface
mount) things already installed.  It will include the firmware on chip as
well as the transciever.  The repeter kits will also be sold (in 6 and 12
port versions)

I will give out more info some time.

The trueth about ethernet:
10MB per sec.  cool hua? no