Re: A86: permanent effects

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: permanent effects

I saw an explination of this once.  It has to do with chaos theory and
your roundiong problem.  You will never have enough decimal places to
properly graph this problem because there isn't enough accuracy within
the calculator and the results soon become chaotic (calculators, unlike
math teachers, can't understand infinite precision).  If you tried to do
this problem on an HP, by hand with a scientific calculator, and with the
86 you would get three different answers.