Re: A86: TI-Network

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TI-Network

>Grant Stockly wrote:
>>
>> >how you convert ethernet to tiprotocol..
>> I'm sorry, but I can't comment on that
>>
>> >hardware or software or both, and what you've done so far.
>> I can't give any details of the hardware.
>> 10Base-T/2
>> TCP/IP
>> EtherTalk
>> CalcTalk
>>
>> Teachers can say, ask a question on a test.  The correct anwser would be
>> encoded (thanks to Travis) and sent to the teacher.  The tests would be
>> graded in seconds, and the grade would be returned to the calc.  neat?
>>
>nahhhhh i dont think any teacher in their right mind would want a 'lan'
>of calculators in their class...a program could easily be made by a
>semi-decent asm programmer to cheat
Not unless someone knew the encription code and key, and knew the
protocall, and knew the source.  No one will get this.  Think again.
Without advertising we already have 3 requests for prototypes for school
districts.

Also useful for making everyones calc match the teachers.  Say to set the
window correctly.  And for doing exactly what TIs does for $100 less, and
using the schools already installed wires, it is a good deal.

Grant