A86: TI-86 - how assembly works

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: TI-86 - how assembly works

I am writing this to figure out how to program assembly using the TI-86 and
asm86 as a compiler... Maybe some
of you guys can help me out on some questions I have. If you can answer even
one question, I would be happy!

#include "asm86.h" ;asm86 include file
#include "ti86asm.inc" ;this is TI's include file

.org $D748 ;This is used to tell where all asm programs start on the TI-86,
correct?

--------[ CUT FROM TI-86 INCLUDE FILE (TI86ASM.INC)------------
; screen shadow ram equates
;
;

_textShadow equ 0C0F9h
_cmdShadow equ 0CFABh
_plotSScreen equ 0C9FAh
What does the term equate mean? and shadow ram?

I saw that the variables used in TI-86 games start off at CFABH, then I
finally
noticed that that was using the _cmdShadow memory area.

The questions are:

What exactly is the _cmdShadow? What does it mean? How large is it?

What do the other two shadows mean? How large are they?

---------------------------------

How do you display a string in asm using interrupts?
        Is there another way?

How do you show characters using an interrupt?
    Is there another way?

How do you plot a pixel to the screen using an interrupt?
        Are the certain preparations you need to make before using graphics?
            How do you change the window property like AxesOff did in Basic
Is there a faster way to write a pixel, like write it to the video memory?
        If so, how? How does the video memory work?

Are there any more rom calls available that are not in the TI86ASM.INC file?
Which are
    they?

How do you multiply or divide in Z80? In Turbo Breakout 2, they had the
paddle go from a complete
stop to full speed. How was that accomplished?

How did the author of TB2 and Pengiuns figure out how this freaking
calculator worked!!?!??!

Sorry for all these questions, but you just can't say, its on the internet,
read a book about it, your not looking
hard enough because neither is true or possible... and I just cant read 2000
lines of asm code and figure
out how everything works...

Thanks, Matt

-http://home1.gte.net/matt514