Re: A86: TI-86, is asm programming comparable to the TI-85?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Matthew Johnson wrote:

> Does the ROM calls on the TI-85 apply to the TI-86? I am reading Zshell
> lessons and am going to try to learn how
> to program ASM on the TI-86 (my calculator), using asm86 as a guide for the
> location of the ROM calls or whatever.
> I figured, of course, that all the Z-80 stuff would be the same such as
> registers, opcodes, etc, so the only thing
> that could really change is the location of interrupts (or ROM calls or
> whatever it is called on the Z80).. Are the
> ROM routines the same between the TI-86 and TI-85..
>
>  If that is so, it wouldn't really be hard to convert between a Zshell TI-85
> program to a TI-86 program if you have
> the source - well all you would really need to do is change the structure of
> the asm file.. what else would you need
> to know?
>
> Does anyone know when Texas Instruments is giving out the documentation on
> the TI-86 with asm programming?
> It has been in the stores for two months, but it was created over half a
> year ago.. How long will it take?
>
> -Matt
> http://home1.gte.net/matt514

there are some built in calls that zshell has built into the shell and a
lot of the romcodes are located in different places, some more are added
to the 86 too, i suggest you study some ti83 asm docs or programs
because some of the rom calls that are on the 86 are on the 83 and it
shows routines,etc. that are similar, if not the same