Re: A86: You can not program assembly directly on the 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997 ariwsi@juno.com wrote:

> Wrong!  I don't even own a TI-86 of my own, but I managed to type an
> ASM program on a TI-86 calculator that I borrowed while at school.

You guys are getting all tangled up in semantics.  You *can* type machine
codes into your calculator in hexadecimal notation, but you *can't* type
in assembly language, because there's no assembler yet.

> which does the same thing!  If you assemble a program on the computer

That's assembly language.

> and specify the -h parameter to TASM, TASM will generate a hex table
> of the code at the bottom of the listing file.  You can then type in
> these hex codes as your program.  Of course, you need to type over

That's the machine code in hexadecimal.

You cannot program in assembly language on the TI-86 (yet).

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)