Re: A86: YOU CAN NOT PROGRAM ASSEMBLY DIRECTLY ON THE 86!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:02:55 -0400 (EDT) rwk@peganet.com writes:

>I am tired of everyone asking "how do you type the asm in on the
>calc"...YOU CAN'T.  You have to type it in on the computer, compile
>it, and then copy it to the calc via a link.  Unless someone writes
>a compiler that runs on the calc you can't do it.

Wrong!  I don't even own a TI-86 of my own, but I managed to type an
ASM program on a TI-86 calculator that I borrowed while at school.

Just type in this as program "REVERSE"

:AsmPrgm
:0600
:2100FC
:7E
:2F
:77
:23
:10FA
:010000
:0B
:78
:B1
:000000000000
:0000000000
:20F0
:C9

And then type on the home screen

ASM(REVERSE)

And there you have it!  An assembler program that you typed in to
the calculator, and it works!  When I made it, it worked the very
first time!  Of course, doing anything complex in this way is not
feasible, but typing in ASM is possible!

Remember that this program will run much faster than a TI-BASIC program
which does the same thing!  If you assemble a program on the computer
and specify the -h parameter to TASM, TASM will generate a hex table
of the code at the bottom of the listing file.  You can then type in
these hex codes as your program.  Of course, you need to type over
6,000 characters to enter ZTetris in this way...

Follow-Ups: References: