Re: A86: re:willy do be do be do

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: re:willy do be do be do

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Jeff Williams wrote:

> :asmprgm
> :D0BED0BED0

This is the program you have (with a C9 added to the end):

	RET NC
	CP (HL)
	RET NC
	CP (HL)
	RET NC
	RET

It's quite meaningless.

> however if the variable that the asm program is compiled to was a real
> variable before compilation then it turns into a program of 64521

It's no surprise to have your calc do strange things when you attempt an
operation that wasn't planned, like compacting an AsmPrgm into a Real.

Some of you guys are looking way too deep into this Willy thing.  It's
probably just a piece of test code that someone overlooked when the ROM
was committed to production.  I originally posted my message about Willy
as a joke, because I found it mildly interesting to see such a string in
the ROM.  I should have just kept quiet.

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)