Re: A86: FindPixel in 84 cycles and 19 bytes!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997 Dan Eble <eble@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

>On Fri, 8 Aug 1997 ariwsi@juno.com wrote:
>
>>  ; this thing taking $8000-$BFFF shouldn't be a problem.  If you
really
>>  ; need a fast FindPixel, it might be worth it....
>
>Oy!  What about the 16 kilobytes of RAM that live in that range?
>Wouldn't they would be unhappy to be wiped out of existence? =:o

They aren't wiped out, just transformed!  They are normally scratch
for an ASM program on the TI-86, aren't they?  That's what I was told,
but I'm not sure.  You can still store variables in text memory or
(for initialized data) inside the program itself.  The 16K of RAM is
just the price you have to pay for the fast FindPixel!

--
Patrick Davidson (ariwsi@juno.com)
Visit my home page!  Stuff for Amiga, TI-85, TI-92, even DOS!

Follow-Ups: References: