A86: Libraries and Loaders

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Libraries and Loaders

I have a real problem with AShell saving a program back automatically.
I agree that it is a useful feature, but it does not belong in the shell,
and it DEFINITELY should not be invoked involuntarily.  A shell should run
programs just like the TI system does, and do absolutely nothing more.

Functions like program write-back should be stuck in a standard library.
This would provide functionality, without forcing it upon programs that
don't use it.  Also, because there would be only one copy of the library,
the programs would be smaller.

>From our previous discussion, I have made up a draft of the data
structures for our standard programs.  Please take a look, ask questions
and make suggestions.  You can find the draft standard at

         http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble/libform.html

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)