Re: A86: Standards

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Standards

>I haven't tried using this, but the first two instructions in finexec are
>
>	BIT 2,(IY+$1F)
>	JP Z, $416C

That looks like a custom flag, to tell it whether it's installed or not.
Maybe the MATH menu uses the flag to determine whether to check for
installed extensions.  Flags like that might be useful to define custom
interrupt services.
               Another Standard:
Specific flags must be used for specific purposes, like determining OS
Type for programs running under a Shell. (I.E. shells might use IY+$23 to
store a version number, with the upper four bits defining the shell
itself, and the lower four defining a version.) Anybody got a token map
for the 86 yet?

James Yopp
jyopp@pobox.com
"Time is the fire in which we burn."