Re: A86: Z80 Info (was Standards)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, James Yopp wrote:

>      But, the main advantage I have is the ownership of the Zilog Z80
> user's manual and the giude to Discrete devices and embedded controllers.
>  These are very good references which most of the more experienced
> programmers have, but those starting out do not.

He's right.  I have that book sitting right next to me.  It's difficult to
express the extent of it's usefulness.  (It's not too good for learning
how to program, however.)  The whole first chapter explains Z80 assembly
language, with detailed descriptions of all opcodes, which flags each
instruction modifies, and how much time and space each instruction
consumes.  The rest of the book has info that would be useful to the TI
calculator engineers.

Mine is document "DC-8321-00." I couldn't find it on the Zilog web page,
but they had two other Z80 books, "Z80 Databook (DB95Z800101)" and "Z80
User's Manual (DC-8309-01)."  James, can you comment on either of those?

The page is http://www.zilog.com.  Select "Order Literature" from the main
menu.

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)