A86: 86: Shell and Game Ideas

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: 86: Shell and Game Ideas

	Since I am presently horrible at ASM, and I would like to see my ideas
come true, I've decided to let everyone know about two ideas that I have.
	First, the shell.  I think an excellent shell would be to have a menu
system, similar to the one used in ASMShell 86, however, having each menu
choice bringing up another Aurora-like desktop rather than a game.  For
recognition purposes, the menu titles could be defined such as M01XXXXX, X
being the name of the menu to five letters.  This way, everything could be
nice and organized, and things can be rearranged.  For instance, to place a
program in menu 1, the name of the program could be something like
0101XXXX, where the first two numbers (01), defines that it is to be placed
in the first menu. The second two define it's place on the desktop, so
things could be organized rather easily to the users advantage.  Again, X
defines the title.  No matter what, only 3 menu choices should be for the
desktop.  My suggestion would be to have F1 being the options desktop, no
matter what, and F5 being the exit menu (containing a choice of TI-OS or
OFF) no matter what.  I have the entire thing set up, so if anyone has
questions, please ask.
	I'm sure most have heard of my other idea, the game.  Uncharted Waters:
New Horizons, an excellent RPG made for SNES.  I have the rom if anyone
wants to take a look at it, it works with the SNES 9x emulator.

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Wipe The Smile Off My Face"   |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |