Re: A86: ASM Converter from 85->86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ASM Converter from 85->86

>How many of the authors you spoke to said they would not port their
>programs?
>How many told you they would not because they didn't have an
>86?
>How many refused to have a trusted third party port the program?
"Could not" would work so much better there.  It's like trying to port
all your source code to TI-82 when you don't own one.  Granted, it'd be
easier than going to the 86, because you're still working in a shell, but
the point here is that many people simply don't have an 86.  The only
existing games are ports.  I'm doing my best to have the first game
written FOR the 86.  Any of you would be welcome to translate it back to
ZShell, but not everyone that writes programs for the calculators is as
rational as we are.

James Yopp
jyopp@pobox.com
"Time is the fire in which we burn."
P.S.- Have you guys noticed that 86 progs lose something in the move back
to ZShell?  I tried putting my Sierpinski's Triangle ASM prog on the 85,
and it stopped working because the r register was a different value when
the program opened.  It took so much code to randomize it, it destroyed
the routine's initial speed, even on a turbo calculator.