A85: Simple Program, not so simple problem.....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Simple Program, not so simple problem.....

I hope I'm sending this email to the correct address.....anyway, can anyone
tell me why, upon compilation, TASM gives me two errors in the following
program:

#include "ti-85.h"

.org 0
.db "My first program!",0

ROM_CALL(CLEARLCD)
ld hl,0
ld (CURSOR_ROW),hl
ld hl,Text
ld de,(PROGRAM_ADDR)
add hl,de
ROM_CALL(D_ZT_STR)
WaitKey:
call GET_KEY
cp K_EXIT
jr nz,WaitKey
ret

Text:
.db "Hello World!",0

.end

The two errors ae as following:
it.asm line 0015: Label not found: (K_EXIT)
it.asm line 0015: Unused data in MS byte of argument. (200)

The program still compiles though. I transfer it to my 85, try to run it,
and it just sends me straight back to ZShell, as if nothing ever happened. I
copied this program from Jimmy Mardell's old ZShell School lesson #1. And
assistance in solving this (probably simple) problem would be much
appreciated. Thanks!!

-Micah Gibson
ulic28@hotmail.com