Re: A85: Re: Assembly virus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Re: Assembly virus

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Phil Clark wrote:

> I don't really know much about how it would be done on a calc, but with
> unix for instance, most virii are put into directories where they would
> be run by the system (on boot, maintence,etc). the filename would then
> need to be inserted into some config files, but that could be done with
> a trojan.  maybe with this, downloading a new shell that lookes just
> like usgard or whichever but in actuality is usgard infected with the
> virus..

Oh yes, because there have been what, all of 3 viruses for UN*X over time?
There are almost no trojans for UN*X, either.

        After sifting through the overwritten remaining blocks of Luke's
home directory, Luke and PDP-1 sped away from /u/lars, across the surface
of the Winchester riding Luke's flying read/write head.  PDP-1 had Luke stop
at the edge of the cylinder overlooking /usr/spool/uucp.
        "Unix-to-Unix Copy Program;" said PDP-1.  "You will never find a
more wretched hive of bugs and flamers.  We must be cautious."
                -- DECWARS
| Kevin Stewart    |  "I am a secret			             |
| KC8BLL ----------|    Wrapped in a mystery	-Milford High School |
| a2k@one.net      |     Wrapped in an enigma	  Drama Tech Dept.   |
|jlennon@nether.net|      And drizzled in some tasty chocolate stuff.|