Re: A85: x-stat and delete protection

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: x-stat and delete protection

> Just a quick question, but one that has the potential to
> be useful.  I know that the x-stat and y-stat lists
> can't be deleted on the TI-85, although you can still
> edit them.  What I want to know is if there is a way to
> add this attribute to other variables, either on a
> computer or through an assembly program.
I'm going out on a limb here, but from what I remember of
hand-hacking the 85 oh so many years ago, xstat and ystat
live very close to the bottom of the variable heap and
probably have priveleged status. It's right up there with
Ans.

Now, there *might* be some way to do this, if you manage to
push your program to that general area and change something
which defines where the "normal" heap starts. I'd say the
only thing to do is to try it. Dump a backup to your
computer and start twiddling the bits in a hex editor.

--Jon, N9RUJ	jnieho38@calvin.edu	www.calvin.edu/~jnieho38
`finger jnieho38@calvin.edu` for geek code block.

There are only two products to come out of Berkely:
UNIX and LSD.
We don't believe this is a coincidence.

Follow-Ups: References: