Re: A85: TI-85 vs TI-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: TI-85 vs TI-86

The TI-86 may have more memory, but making large asm programs is easier
with the TI-85. A string can be as large as the free memory with the
TI-85, where with the TI-86 you need to make program modules which are
seperate files.  I have never been faced with the need to make modules
because I make my programs compatable with Z-Shell and if they are
compatable with the TI-86, all the better.  All of my programs are
compatable.  There are some trivial things that you have to remember when
doing programming for both platforms, like clearing a (xor a) before
running ROM_CALL(D_HL_DECI). As far as the screen, the 86 has a really
nice screen with black pixels whereas the 85 has blue colored pixels.  I
do like the older look of the 85.  It's boxish shape makes it really nice
for modifying hardware.  I have a turbo switch (toggles 1pico farad and
29 pico farads) as well as an internal speaker.  The only thing that is
wrong with it is that it is loosing some of it's far right pixel columns
(I got it from a friend for the equivelent of $20).