Re: A85: Custom menu handler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Custom menu handler

>I want to be able to switch between split stack mode and stack mode,
>because I figured out how to run the catalog menu and several others from
>an ASM program, problem is, they require that the calc be in split stack
>mode, or they don't work.  I've already made a shell that runs in split
>stack mode, but some of the older ZShell grayscale programs don't work in
>split stack.

I think that the reason you need to be spliy stack mode is that the input
handler requires a buffer to be present in order to accept input, and the
input handler is what is used at accept key presses in the menus. Another
solution to the problem would be to have the memory organized as it normaly
is and then just create a new buffer for the input.

>I could really use the info you have on the input handler and BASIC
>routines.  I'm confidant that if I spend enough time on them I can get them
>working.

I am getting my ti85 rom dump stuff send, so I will hopefully have more info
soon.

>I want to be able to make a shell that looks and feels just like a part of
>the TI-OS if possible.  I've wanted to know where the BASIC stuff is for a
>long time.  You probably remember me asking before.

Being able to use BASIC stuff, and other parts of the TIOS would be cool,
and it should not be impossible, but it will take some time. If you are
starting to go into this, you might also want to have a look at the error
handler, since alot of TIOS functions uses that.  I have used it in a
program on the TI82, and it fairly simple to use, just call one function and
your error handler is installed.

Dines