Re: A85: DASM for Usgard and ASM pics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: DASM for Usgard and ASM pics

> First; could I use String-85 for Usgard with DASM?  I was thinking last
> night about that and I thought it might work.  You might have to edit the
> DASM batch file to turn on the right flags, but hey, it would be worth it.

I don't know what you think a dissasembler will do, but it won't help you very
much. DASM will work on any .85s file as long as there is machine code in it.
The only problem is that the code is unreadable by the untrained eye. Yes, you
will see the code, but not the labels or comments. In order for something to
dissasemble exactly like it was assembled, you have to find a dissasembler
that compiles. Wow :) Try it out. You will see :)

>  Second; I know how to make pics with GCP (that would be the newest version)
> but how do you get them to show up on your calculator.  What I've been doing
> is making an *.85s file from GCP and then sending it to my calc.  Then I try
> and use Qview to see the pic, and it crashes?  Can someone send me the
source
> for a program that you can use to view these or something like that??  It
> would be really helpful.  On second thought, just tell me what the heck I'm
> doing wrong!!!  Thanks in advance!

When you run GCP it should give you an asm file with a bunch of .db $5H type
things right? Well you copy that into your program like:

Picture:
.db $things

Then you have to decompress it. I think with Usgard you can just:

 ld hl,&picture
#fncall GCP
 call OTH_PAUSE
 ret

Try that out, I think it should work :)

-------
NAME : Mikel Blanchard, of Macross Software
WEB   : http://macross.calc.org/
EMAIL : cashonly@calc.org
ICQ     : 3033904 (CashOnly)