Re: A85: ROM Browser

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: ROM Browser

Before writing your own, try looking for a Z80 disassembler.
They usually output an edittable text file.  Some even give
you a file you can assemble to regenerate the ROM.  I have
seen many and most do a good job of separating subroutines
based on RET, JR, and JP.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Even after you break down the ROM, you will spend the
greatest part of your time interpretting it!  I tried this
several years ago on a copyright infringment case where
a former employee had stolen lots of source code.  We won,
but only after I spent 2 weeks sorting through only 8Kb of
6502 code.

Tom Decker
KWM Electronics
1355 West 8040 South