Re: A85: Interesting discovery

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Interesting discovery

> 1. Go to the solver and put in a blank space (" ") as your equation.
>  2.  Ask it to solve.  It will error
>  3.  Go to the catalog and put any function in the 3rd custom menu slot
>  4.  View your xStat list.  It should be filled with hex garbage.  Now,
>  anything you do in the memory, aside from erasing it (which, by the way,
> fixes
>  what you have done) will cause an error overflow.

This isn't really new, I have been showing people this for a long time :)
Go into xStat and hit F1 once the garbage is in there for some crazy results
:P
I am not sure why this happens, but there is some text document floating
around somewhere about it on ticalc.

Try this one:
A=e (the ee button)
eg>st(A,A)->A
sub(A,2,1)->A
st>eq(A,A)->A
" "->B
eq>st(A,A)->A

Now check your memroy. It goes totally nuts. This is becuase B follows A in
memory, and it overflows in to it :)

-------
NAME : Mikel Blanchard, President of Macross Software
WEB   : http://MacrossSoftware.home.ml.org/
EMAIL : cashonly@aol.com
ICQ     : 3033904 (CashOnly)