Re: Re: A85: Just thinking.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A85: Just thinking.

>From: DorkReMi@aol.com
>Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 13:29:56 EDT
>To: assembly-85@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re:  Re: A85: Just thinking.
>

>In a message dated 9/3/98 3:54:27 PM, you wrote:
>
>>I didn't mean to imply that it had an extremely powerful instruction
>>set. I meant to imply that it was neater that the intel instruction
set.
>>Every instruction has its own definite instruction with no mode or
>>register address bit values to calculate like with x86 instructions.
>>It's just a lot easier to write low-level code for than the x86 in
some
>>respects. And besides, with the 32-bit z380, I imagine they've added
>>signifigant improvements to the instruction set. And by the way; I
know
>>that laptops are out, but if the people on this list were out solely
>>program laptops, they wouldn't be on this list now would they?
>
>I wanted to make a point.  Do you know of a teacher that will allow a
laptop
>into class with color games and sound? (I don't.)  BUT, I know of a
couple
>teachers that think a graphing calculator is quite a useful utility.
And I
>happen to know that I can play games like Daedalus on it too. ;p
>
>-Josh Morris
> DorkReMi@aol.com

Yeah I do know teachers that would. I don't know of any high school
teachers, but I know many college professors that would, as long as they
couldn't hear the sound. Do you know of any teachers that would allow a
calc in class with color games and sound. Besides, I never said it HAD
to look like a laptop. Actually, to be honest, I don't get what your
point is. Are you trying to say that the only people programming these
calcs are highschool kids who want to take them to school and play them
in class, or what? If so, what does that have to do with my remarks on
the z80's instruction set?