Re: A85: BASIC to ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: BASIC to ASM

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Matt Cooper wrote:
> Alright maybe I'm way off base here, but what kind of coding would be
> required to create a program (on the PC) that converts a .85p into
> assembly, which could then be compiled and sent to the calc?
>
> I'm thinking 100% support of all 85-BASIC functions, everything in
> control, variables, input/output, etc.  This way ANY 85-BASIC program
> could get a MAJOR speed boost and size reduction.  Think about all the
> great games written in 85-BASIC that could be faster and have more
> features if only they were in ASM.
>
> BTW, ya can't say it can't be done, because the TI-ROM does it just fine
> =)

I know everyone HATES hearing it (I know this because whenever I mention
libraries I'm treated like a leper) but it could be done with a library.
The ROM calls we haven't already found would be rewritten until they were.
There would probably be a need for some rom patching program but that
wouldn't be too hard to write.

Once again I expect no replies.

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"I kick ass for the Lord."