Re: A85: Just thinking.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Just thinking.

They have it out already.  Its called a laptop PC!

>> It would combine the power of a 386 or 486 processor with the z80's pristine instruction set.

There is nothing pristine about a uP from the 1970's that has had
massive
bandaids applied to the instruction set to make it a little more
powerful.
Even with the latest Z180's, I am running out of power.  Currently I am
working on a device for a client with a 320x240 LCD, 10x7 keypad,
64kx8 EPROM, 128kx8 SRAM, and 256kx8 FLASH, and I am having to bump up
from the 20MHz to the 33MHz.  There are uP with much more graceful
instruction sets such as the 6809/6309, but they never got popular
enough to keep a strong peice of the market.  INTEL uP have all been
very clumsy to use, but, thanks to aggressive marketing, they are
successful.  Even college educated professionals can be lied to and
believe every word!

Good luck and keep dreaming!

Tom Decker