Re: A85: AI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: AI

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, kaus wrote:
> Never played Creatures.  where can i get it?
> But, I agree with both of your ideas.  :))  all three.

You can get it at CompUSA.  It's for Win95/98
It's the only Artificial life game I know of, it's kind of a kids games
but it still exibits some amazing things.  There's a toy coming out that
does what the game does but in a doll (it learns language, "senses",
responds..)
Creatures 2 just came out but I don't think there's much diffence,
(besides the plush toy that comes with it.)

Still I'm not sure if there is any A-Life software out there that isn't
aimed for kids.

> At 10:28 PM 10/9/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, kaus wrote:
> >> I think we should let our AI;s go wild on the calculator.  We should try
> >> and rcreate sentient beings that interact with each other or the "world"
> >> ont he calc.  We wouldnt be limited to a war-like battle game like CROBOTS
> >> was.  And it might not even be necessary to have a graphical representation
> >> of the AI's world.  we could if we wanted to, but not nesecary.
> >>
> >Have you ever played Creatures?  What you decribed is similar.  In
> >Creatures they basically learn (experience) things and express themselves.
> thats pretty cool.  that is one side of what i like in AI
> >
> >Or are you leaning more to the find food, mate, ect.. This is more along
> >the lines of artificial life.
> That would be the ultimate goal :))

Some simple A-Life stuff could be written for the 85, (boids, ants..) but
anything as complex as Norns(the animals in Creatures) wouldn't even fit
on a 92.
1000 node Neural Net for a brain
About 5 drives and needs
fertility

But then they have to have thing to ineract with..
Beer, intruments, stereos, food, toys... other Norns

> If they aren't fighting or searching for
> >food or running through a maze what are they doing?  How are they
> >interacting?
> >
> WE could think of something (no intentional caps on We. too lazy to fix it)
>  and they __could__ be figting/food seraching/mazing.  we just wouldnt be
> __limited__ to that.
> jonathan

So I guess the next step is, what are all the things they could do?

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"I kick ass for the Lord."
-Dead Alive (1992)

Home Page: