Re: A85: AI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: AI

Never played Creatures.  where can i get it?
But, I agree with both of your ideas.  :))  all three.

At 10:28 PM 10/9/98 -0700, you wrote:

>On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, kaus wrote:
>> I think we should let our AI;s go wild on the calculator.  We should try
>> and rcreate sentient beings that interact with each other or the "world"
>> ont he calc.  We wouldnt be limited to a war-like battle game like CROBOTS
>> was.  And it might not even be necessary to have a graphical representation
>> of the AI's world.  we could if we wanted to, but not nesecary.
>>
>Have you ever played Creatures?  What you decribed is similar.  In
>Creatures they basically learn (experience) things and express themselves.
thats pretty cool.  that is one side of what i like in AI

>Or are you leaning more to the find food, mate, ect.. This is more along
>the lines of artificial life.
That would be the ultimate goal :))

> If they aren't fighting or searching for
>food or running through a maze what are they doing?  How are they
>interacting?

WE could think of something (no intentional caps on We. too lazy to fix it)
 and they __could__ be figting/food seraching/mazing.  we just wouldnt be
__limited__ to that.
jonathan