Re: A85: AI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: AI

Actually, it's a great idea, there's a game made in qbasic called
something like "Robots."  You basically have a robot that has 3 parts:
scanner, gun, and wheels.  The wheels can go forward, back, and rotate
left or right a certain degree.  Above which is a "turret" which faces
in a different angle to the wheels, and has the ability to "turn" and
"fire."  Above the gun is another "turret" with a scanner which faces in
a different degree as the other 2.  The scanner only scans in one
direction and has 3 major scans:  distance, object, and friend/foe.  All
three of these are done at once.  Distance is from 0 (close combat,
destruction this close would cause self damage) to 16 (maximum distance
the "gun" reaches).  Object is a number from 0 to 4: 0=too far for scan
(nothing within 16 units), 1=robot, 2=obstruction, 3=wall.  Each robot
is tagged, and if this tag on the "robot" in scan is equal to the tag of
the robot scanning (meaning friendly robot), then it's 0, if not 1...
bit   meaning
7     friend/foe
6-5   object
4-0   distance
The robot also had a damage counter (256 points divided as the player
wishes for each of the three parts), and an auto-destruct which damages
quite a bit in 0 range and a little in 1 range.

Just giving a standpoint other than mice to use as the AI character.  I
loved this program, but I lost it when I formatted my drive (couldn't
find it on the net either).

I hope you like the info I gave.

-Rob
p.s.  I have a massive headache, so if any of this doesn't make sense, I
blame it on my head.
p.p.s.  You could add other stuff like a fueling "dock" or repair
"area."