Re: A85: The Quest III + Conversion Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: The Quest III + Conversion Help

so basically i have to add a byte to the end of the string

q3data+"0"->q3data

i'll just have a wee bit more gold than everyone else ;)

-Greg

EMAIL: l0rdg0at@juno.com; lordgoat@somethingorother.com;
l0rdg0at@hotmail.com; milewskg@stuy.edu
ICQ: 9437474     AOL IM: l0rdg0at42
WEB: http://lordgoat.dyn.ml.org/    *or*  http://tiroms.home.ml.org

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998 12:16:44 EDT CashOnly@aol.com writes:

>> i just have one question: will the q3data string be usable in quest
>III
>>  ch2?  i beat the game when the gold bug was still there (if you had
>more
>>  than 255 gold and saved it, it saved a byte instead of a word).
>will i
>>  just have to add an extra byte to the end of the string to make it
>>  playable in ch2? or was the save format never altered?
>
>The q3data external string file (the saved game) will be usued for
>Chapter 2.
>You will be able to continue your games off the same file. The saving
>gold bug
>was fixed in v1.1 of the game, but unfortunately you have to start
>over if you
>want your gold to save correctly. I will probably have to reset your
>gold in
>chapter 2. Either that or risk a crash :D
>
>-------
>NAME : Mikel Blanchard, of Macross Software
>WEB   : http://MacrossSoftware.home.ml.org/
>EMAIL : cashonly@aol.com
>ICQ     : 3033904 (CashOnly)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]