Re: A85: String85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: String85

TI-VARS.TXT is something different (a document i wrote some time ago about
TI85 vars). However you can find the format on ticalc.org, when I
downloaded it it was multiple files (one for each type of file). I think
the files where written by Magnus.

DInes

Dines Justesen
Email: c958362@student.dtu.dk
WWW  : http://www.student.dtu.dk/~c958362/

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Michael Pearce wrote:

> I think that the information is already at ticalc.org.  i think there is a
> file (or multiple files) about the file format of strings, and all other
> type of variables.  maybe it's called ti-vars.txt - i don't really
> remember.
>
> -mike pearce
>
> On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Ben Sferrazza wrote:
>

> > There's a little more than that.  You must know the format of the *.85s
> > variable.  There are bytes in the header which tell the length of the
> > variable, the length of the VAT entry, etc.  When I wrote Rigel, I had
> > to determine all of this for my STRING85 equivalent program.  I was able
> > to determine what all the bytes meant just by looking at a sample *.85s
> > file.  I wrote the format down somewhere, but who knows where that is
> > now.

Follow-Ups: References: