Re: A85: Programming help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Programming help

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Justin M Bosch wrote:
> 2) I got the link port routines, but I don't understand them at all,
> especially not the break routine.  What exactly goes into a break
> routine?  To send and receive data, do both clacs have to be running the
> routines simultaneously?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I rewrote some get/send routines a while ago, using Pascal's routines with
some help.  The way they work is: you call Get or Send, if it fails a
flag is set (I think carry), the break routine is built in.  But for a
byte to be trasfered one calc has to be calling Send, and the other has to
calling Get.
Ex:
TrySend:
  ld a,50
  call SendByte		;Try to send 50
  jr nc,ByteSent	;nc means it was sent
  call GET_KEY
  cp NO_KEY
  jr z,TrySend		;if a key was pressed
  jp SendFailed		;Send failed
ByteSent:

This just keeps trying to send 50 until it is successfully sent or until a
key is pressed.

They're at ticalc.org
Have a look, I tested them.. they work.

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.