Re: A85: Drawing a menu

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Drawing a menu

I worked with this suggestion and it finally works.  Iwjust would like to
say:  Thank you VERY much!  I would have gone over it two hundred
thousand times without any progress, but now it works.  I still don't
know what went wrong with the first routine I used, but that doesn't
matter anymore.  Now I just have to write the game, which btw will be my
first.

Justin Bosch
justin-b@juno.com

On Tue, 05 May 1998 20:45:40 GMT mgp4007@omega.uta.edu (Michael Pearce)
writes:

>but if you change the routine to calculate where to draw at the
>beginning, all you have to do is before you change the row, redraw at
>the old row to invert the screen (i think you are doing this anyway).
>
>each time the routine is called it will invert what is on screen.  so
>you would initially invert row one (call the function with a=1), then
>someone presses down so invert row one back to original appearance
>(call the function with a=1) and then change the value to two and
>invert that row (call the function with a=2).  please tell me if you
>still don't think this would work.
>
>-mike pearce
>
>On Tue, 05 May 1998 16:29:06 EDT, you wrote:
>

>>>and at the end of the routine, you wouldn't need to do these 2 lines
>>>since hl no longer needs to be maintained outside of the routine:
>>>
>>>	ld     de, 112            ; Restore original value of HL
>>>	sbc    hl, de             ; Now points to beginning of
>cursor
>>
>>I had it do this so that when someone presses up or down, I can again
>>call Draw_Cursor to erase the cursor just drawn.
>>
>>Justin Bosch
>>justin-b@juno.com

>>You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
>>Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com
>>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: