Re: A85: VAT problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: VAT problem

after (actually, before, numeric-wise...) USGARD, there's two programs,
called # and !, which are basically temporary storage for the ti-os
(correct me if I'm wrong...)

one of the two programs is the "current entry" on the home screen.  the
other is for, well, something else! i currently don't know what the other
does, but a shell-developer like Andreas might be able to help you.

after the # and !, there's xstat and ystat, then all the variables in the
ram.

as for reading the rest, here's some info...
an imaginary string called:  Hello

o l l e H (05) (xx) (yy) (0C)
\-------/ \--/ \--/ \--/ \--/
length of name  ||   ||   ||
the first addr byte  ||   ||
  the second addr byte    ||
the variable type (string = $0C)

the address should be read EXACTLY!! if it says E6B2, then the location is
E6B2.  if you go to that location, the first two bytes are the length of
the variable (backwards... 255 length == FF00)

that should help...
-Greg