A85: Reply from maker of IR Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Reply from maker of IR Link

In a message dated 98-03-24 17:29:24 EST, a9501901@unet.univie.ac.at writes:

<< This can be made only with software on the calc and without
 modifications in the IR Link hardware. Instead of modulating
 on a different frequency, the beam can be sent using a
 specific byte decoding for the target search, and another
 byte decoding for the 'fire'.

 BTW The modulating frequency is 30Khz, and not 30Mhz... ;)

 --
 Sami Khawam
 sKhawam@bigfoot.com

This is what the guy who made the IR link said.  I agree more, modulating the
IR beam would be very hard.  Also, does anyone have the source for winshell,
coolshell (I REALLY WANT COOLSHELL SOURCE), or something other than
simpleshell for Usgard?

-- BEGIN included message

PXGray wrote:

> Hey, wouldn't it be cool to have a sort of "calculator laser tag" using the
IR
> link?  What you could do is have the laser modulate on a frequency different
> from the transmission modulation and be constantly active.  When the other
> calc picks up this signal is flashes that it has been targeted.  Then, if a
> "fire" (send) button is pressed the shooting calc sends out an IR pulse on
the
> normal frequency (30Mhz), and, if it picks it up, the other calc records a
> "hit".  This would very cool ;)

This can be made only with software on the calc and without
modifications in the IR Link hardware. Instead of modulating
on a different frequency, the beam can be sent using a
specific byte decoding for the target search, and another
byte decoding for the 'fire'.

BTW The modulating frequency is 30Khz, and not 30Mhz... ;)

--
Sami Khawam
sKhawam@bigfoot.com
a9501901@unet.univie.ac.at