A85: Re: External Levels

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Re: External Levels

Here is DOC\FILEHEAD.TXT from the Usgard distribution.  Anything that is not
a program is hidden to the shells.

For some reason, I think that up to 05,00 is taken (don't know why), but it
may be less than this.  Email Andreas Ess before you assign some sort of
official header to your program levels, he'll know the correct count.

These headers are just the first two bytes in the string, so all you must do
is check them, and if they are set, then the file is a level for your game.
:)

LIST OF FILE HEADERS:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 00 FD  - ZShell programs
 00 FB  - Usgard 1.0 programs
 00 7D  - 128 x 64 B/W image
 00 7E  - 128 x 64 GR4 image
 00 7F  - 128 x 64 GR8 image
 00 80  - ZCP image (screenwide)
 00 81  - GCP image (screenwide)
 00 90  - fake library

PROGRAMS:
~~~~~~~~~
(first byte=game,second byte could be [save game,level,hiscore,...]
 01 00  - Plainjump II level file
 02 00  - Sqrxz world (not compressed)
 02 01  - Sqrxz compressed world

-----
Stuntman (Nathan Haines) - ICQ UIN#: 2157863
http://www.cyberverse.com/~stuntman/nathan.html
President of Stuntworks, QuickBASIC/Visual BASIC programmer,
Stuntworks - http://stuntworks.home.ml.org