A85: Shell Switching/Multiple Shells on same calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Shell Switching/Multiple Shells on same calc

Would anybody be interested in a program that switches shells for you,
without a backup?
I wrote a couple of TI-BASIC programs that do this.  I'm thinking about
doing an assembly version that displays a menu, checks for programs for
ANY shell, loads the appropriate shell, and then use internal routines
in it to execute the program of your choice.  This way, you could run
PhatOS, Usgard, AND Rigel programs on the same calculator.

I've had trouble with Rigel in doing this, though.  Whenever I patch
it in with BASIC, it crashes.  I'm not quite sure though...  It has a
different entry point than all the other shells, but I accounted for
that... (I made a seperate custom pointer for it)

If anybody wants them, I'll upload my TI-BASIC programs to ticalc.

Note to Shell Guys:  Could you people tell me where the routines to
execute a program are in your shells?  That way the ASM version would be
ALOT easier.  I'm planning to include support for PhatOS, Usgard, Summit
v1.0 (my next shell), rigel, and maybe Super Nova.

Hmmm...This could end all the shell wars...People wouldn't have to pick
just one.  :-)  People could also just make libraries that are their own
shell, with no interface.

I'm also going to include a simple way to patch a new shell, with an ASM
program.

If anybody has any ideas I'll be glad to hear them.