Re: A85: No END directive before EOF

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 07:30 PM 2/26/98 EST, you wrote:
>when i try to change an asm file into a .85s, it gives me the error "no END
>directive before EOF".  When i change the position of .end , i put it on
my 85
>and when i run the program it gives the ERROR 15 MEMORY error. i do not know
>how to avoid this, could somone please help me out?

.end is supposed to be the absolute last line in your source.  TASM301 is a
little crazy because it really is just a warning and not an error that it
gives.  If TASM encounters another .end before the end it will think it is
at the end when it really isn't.  Your ERROR 15 MEMORY error could also be
due to the way you wrote your code as .end really doesn't have anything to
do with it.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org