A85: Re: Bomberman 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Re: Bomberman 85

> I just wanted to inform everybody that I have been working on a game
called
>bomberman for a few weeks.  Right now, the game is basicly "Get the other
>guy!"  It uses link play.  Currently it draws the level, lets you move (but
>not over the blocks), lets you lay bombs and destroy the blocks, and lets
you
>try to kill the other player with bombs.  The controls are very responsive
in
>my opinion and the movement is smooth.  It also keeps track of your score.
>plan to add powerups and possibly some "unintelligent enemies".
>
> The only annoying thing is that the link routines I use are rather slow.
>Until I add power ups this isn't a problem (because it is pretty fast right
>now) but a speed power up isn't going to be possible unless I get a faster
>link routine.  The link routine I use (Thanks Pascal) syncs up the calcs
every
>time you call the routine, which isn't necessary since I do all my link
>exchanges at one time.  I was thinking that I could sync up the calcs when
>start the link exchanges and not do it again.  Does anyone know of a way to
do
>this?  I have done some testing of the link port with a program, but can't
>figure out how it works.  I would appreciate
>any advice.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Also, does anyone know Pascal's email address?

I also tried contacting Pascal before but with no luck (couldn't find any
address).  My suggestion to you would be to contact an author that has used
good link play (ZTetris perhaps).

On a side note, is there anyway I could get a beta copy of Bomberman?  I
just love the game and would be interested in trying it out.