Re: A85: Operations....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Operations....

On 6 Feb 1998 00:36:32 -0000, you wrote:

>I'm not sure about how to do a square root, but as for multiplication, it's
>a good thing you're in Usgard.  There's a special function called MUL_HL.
>It takes the value in HL, and multiplies H by L.  Example:
>
>ld hl, $0308       ;loads 8 and 3 into h and l, respectively
>                        (I think it does it backwards anyway...)
>call MUL_HL  ;Multiplies them together, storing the product in HL

MUL_HL does the addition method, which is not useful if the two
numbers multiplied are large.  there is a signed multiplication
routine that i used in my polygon routine.  The signed routine uses an
unsigned multiplication.  you can find it at
http://ti85games.home.ml.org .
-mike
 mgp4007@omega.uta.edu