A85: Re: Assembly-85 Digest V1 #452

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Re: Assembly-85 Digest V1 #452

is it possible to do this in zshell coding?  what would video_mem and
dest_addr be in hex code?  thanks a ton.  you've been a real big help!

jimi
<< I will assume you are using Jimmy Mardell (aka Yarin)'s tutorial.  Everyone
seems
 to get stuck here.  I think he needs to redo this section.  Anyway, the
reason
 why you can't get it to work is because you are not specifying WHERE you are
 drawing the pixel.  To specify the VIDEO MEM, which in this case is where you
 want to plot the pixel, type in these two lines:

  ld hl,VIDEO_MEM        ;Load video mem into hl.
  ld (DEST_ADDR),hl      ;Loads the video memory as the active memory.

 Try adding them before the routine.  Remember that before the routine you
must
 also set b as the x coordinate and c as the y coordinate.  I have also
attached a
 sample program (sorry guys who had to wait 30 secs to check their mail).

 Scott Konash >>